Today the weather started to straighten up - we saw the sun for the majority of the day. When I got home for the day I still had a bit of daylight left so it was out to worm the horses. I grabbed some apples for treats and headed out... Smoke (the good little guy - I believe it is a cover up though) was the first one over - So halter on and while I was busy opening up the wormer box who do you think was gettin' into my plastic grocery bag of apples? No camera - but what a silly sight.... he was able to get most of the apples out and the one left in the bag he at least gotta good bite! What a pain that Ace...(but I love him)...
Well he wouldn't have had so much mischief time if Smoke would have kept still for the wormer. He was lifting his head - rolling his lips back just being a turd... Then all of sudden when the big guy pulled into the yard (that's Hubby) he stood perfectly still - in went the wormer and up rolled his lips one last time! I tell you he definitely "pushes my buttons" --
Tomorrow is suppose to be another beautiful day - I'm hoping to get some horsin' around in since Saturday starts our deer hunting and it is best not to be out that first weekend.
One more....
2 days ago

Worming is such a treat! funny that when he saw you had backup he was a good boy!
ReplyDeleteOde to worming. This Ozarks farm chick hates when we use that pour-over wormer on the cattle. I always get wormed, not sure how healthy it is to take a shower in the stuff.
ReplyDeleteAs we say down here in the hills and hollers, "ya'll have a wonderfully blessed day!!!"
How funny and yet how typical!
ReplyDeleteYou brighten my days with stories of the animals...what a hoot.
Love your blog! Everyone at worked laughed and laughed at the doggie/cat beds...what facial expressions those doggies have when those cats try to take over.
Love those horses - they all have their own unique personalities! Love the header pic.
ReplyDelete