Sunday, March 28, 2010

First Ride of 2010

Time to wear off some FRISKY....  After selling our TrailsWest trailer we need to regroup on our horse riding accessories.  Hubby put up a new tie rail - now we need to finish it off with some ties and hooks and he is going to finish it off so that they can't stand there and paw.



It just happened that daughter was thinking about getting a horse out at about the same time...  We don't ride together very often in fact Ace has mostly been ridden just him and I.

It was a very nice day...the dogs thought they needed to come with.  We headed into the woods and the dogs forgot that we had rules (everybody stay close) and took off.  We came around a corner (it was a bit muddy and probably icy) -- Ace decided to buck a little (actually I think two hops) but yes I fell off (I think kinda jumped off) and he just stood there wondering what was up.  I'm not sure if he didn't want Jack to get too far ahead or if Lenny was the instigator (you know how he likes to herd and out in the pasture Ace will go after him and give him grief) --- More rules to be made!

All ended well -- I'm sure daughter is thinking "good grief" since Jack is such a pro (he is just a good old boy).  Some things to work on.... get the round pen going and work the heck out of Ace... do some revisions on his bridle (it seemed to be bugging him) and ride him more with others so he gets that experience...

And me - I can't blame not being in shape this year.  It must be age - it stinks -- I sure don't feel as agile as I use to be.  Not much I can do with that - how about shut my eyes and hang on tight!   Ha ha!

Jack enjoyed some brushing - oh they have so much of that itchy winter hair...it even  makes me itch.



They were both eager to get "a roll" in as soon as they were in the pasture - in fact Ace almost rolled all the way over into the electric fence - I'm sure that was a sight me trying to urge him to get up and move....

Jack found a good spot and rolled he did...


With Ace watching...



Wow did you see that!  All the way over...
Not bad for a big boy!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry about the oops ! fall or jump. Hope you are not sore today. Otherwise good for you for getting out for a ride ! Ace is such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooowww, hope your not bruised up. Yeah, spring time and horses, it's a crazy comination. Love to see them rolling after a ride!

    ReplyDelete