Thursday, April 8, 2010

Being Pampered




Today the farrier came ---  you know a few people I work with may have a pedicure or a manicure but I have the farrier come! 

He takes care of 20 feet - manicures them to perfection! 

I sure wish I had some pictures but when I hold the horse it is a bit hard to take pictures and then all my pictures would have the farrier's backside in it.   I know, I know that probably isn't all bad  -- he would more than likely laugh about it... he is quite the jokester and always has new jokes each time he comes.  Many I wouldn't be able to repeat here - he calls it "Cowboy Wisdom".    Is he a real cowboy - I suppose so.  He doesn't wear a cowboy hat nor chaps but he does where boots and does a wonderful trim job.   And he doesn't take any crap from his four-legged customers and if they give him any lip (Smoke-loves to roll his lip up) he hooks a thin rope to their halter and runs it through the mouth and that takes care of it.  I think Smoke likes it -- as soon as the rope is attached he is an angel.

I always rate who out of  the 5 does the best ---  Rusty was last today and stood like a statue.  He did the best this time around.

Until next time....

2 comments:

  1. Let me know next time he is coming, I'll take your pictures for you! Do the dogs like to chew on the hoofs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Farrier day here today ... in the rain! Normally I would have just rescheduled, but when I rode Poco last weekend, he was literally tripping over his own feet. When I looked back, it had been since January since they were trimmed!!!

    I need a pedicure too :-(

    ReplyDelete