Sunday, December 13, 2009

Hay - It's Time!


We have been feeding large round bales this winter - and boy the horses are looking fluffy and warm.



Here is Hubby in his Lull - we bring out the "big" equipment to feed the horses!  We used to use the tractor but now the Lull is just sitting - so why not!



The temperature today was 0 degrees but the wind was bitter -- and then this afternoon it began to snow.
The horses try to sneak a bite just like they do when we carry out the small bales.

I think Hubby was messing with them just a bit!




Here they are all settled in with their new vittles - in the summer I tease that they
are yard ornaments but in the winter it really is true - it isn't too often that they are ridden
in the winter (if it is warm enough there usual is a windchill or it is icy) - and I worry about taking them
to an indoor arena that is near by because they will get put back in the pasture no matter
what the weather is doing.

They are looking good - the gray mare usually has a tough time keeping weight on in the winter -
but so far so good.

 

Here is Smoke with his winter coat and
Ace too!









2 comments:

  1. I bet hubby was teasing those big pets! How cool is all that...I bet he had them following him all over the field.
    Your horses are looking great...can I come live with you...lol...

    ReplyDelete