Chili, the only mare we have is going to be
23 yrs old this spring. We purchased her
10 yrs ago and she was a retired
game horse supposedly qualifying
for the world in "Keyhole" at the
ApHC Nationals in 1997.
We used her for trailriding and riding
out west in Medora, North Dakota
and elk hunting in Idaho.
She is a wonderful "old girl" -
Hubby calls her "his own" and they
have a mutual agreement and get
along very well!
Jack will also turn 23 yrs old this spring - he's
been with the family since 1988 so he has
many stories to tell.
Today was a bit warmer around 0 degrees and
above.... but it still was cold. While the
guys were out sledding I checked in on
the horses and took care of chores.
I'd say this is their favorite part of
the day! All noses in the hay!!
While I was moving the hay out - I saw
Tigger -- He actually is a BARNCAT!





Chilli looks to be asweet old soul, And Jack.They all look great .I like the photo of them all at the feeder
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures Leah. I wish we could hear all of Jack's stories!
ReplyDeleteThey are gorgeous!!! Isn't it so great just to watch them in their element!! My favorite times are when one gets hyper and they all start running and bucking and playing!! OH I hope it warms soon so we can have more of those times!!
ReplyDeleteThey're looking good! Miss the horses in our pastures, like looking out the kitchen window to see what they were doing when we had some here. Tigger looking good too.
ReplyDeleteAwwww! Lucky horses. You've got some oldies but goodies. And a sweet looking barn cat to boot!
ReplyDelete~Lisa