Smoke has been gone to school since August 1st. He must be having a wonderful time since he isn't in any hurry to rush home and the trainer doesn't mind having him around.
I am assuming that she just loves him! He was to come home the weekend before Labor Day but the trainer indicated that she had one issue she wanted to work on him more so wanted to keep him another two weeks. I decided that that was a nice way of saying he didn't get worked with every day so we will keep him just a bit longer.
Two weeks have now past and we played phone tag - her last message said if we were busy the next few days and he wouldn't get ridden he could just stay. She only has two other younger horses so he is getting plenty of riding. Which any and all riding is great for him.
My plan is to get down there this weekend to hopefully ride a bit if I reach her before or at least to check in on him. We need to get him home in the next week or so - I need some riding time on him.
I wonder if he is homesick or if he is enjoying his stay?
One more....
2 days ago

Don't think he's homesick - I think his owner is homesick for HIM! Nice header picture too. Can't wait to see you on him. He is so pretty.
ReplyDeleteI like to think they are like us...fun to have new surroundings for a time, but nothing beats home.
ReplyDeleteKeep us posted to how he rides and how he did "at school".